Today I’m going to be talking about my every day makeup routine! Depending on what I have going on for the day, my routine does vary a bit but this is my basic look if I’m planning on heading out for a few errands or just going to work. All-in-all, it takes me about twenty minutes to throw on my makeup in the mornings. So if you’re interested in learning how I achieve this look, just keep reading!
- Primer: I have rather large pores, especially in the area around my nose so I love the Benefit Cosmetics Porefessional Primer as a base for my makeup. I gently massage it into the center of my face and work it outward to cover my face.
- Concealer: For covering dark spots and acne scaring, I apply the Smashbox Studio Skin Concealer with my beautyblender. I apply a shade the same color as my skin tone to my scaring and let it sit for about a minute before blending it out and then I use a lighter shade under my eyes and on my eyelids to hide any discoloration there.
- Foundation- For average day wear, I prefer powder foundations as opposed to liquid foundations just because I feel that the lighter coverage allows my skin to breathe a little better. My go-to brand for powder foundation is bareMinerals, I use the Loose Powder Matte Foundation and apply it with the Beautiful Finish Foundation Brush, which is great for applying the product and building up desired coverage.
- Bronzer- For contouring and bronzing, I use the Benefit Cosmetics Hoola Matte Bronzer on my cheekbones, forehead, and under my jawline. I also use a blending brush to apply it to my eyelid and crease in order to add a little bit of contrast on my eyes.
- Blush- My go-to blush is the Too Faced Sweethearts Perfect Flush Blush in Sparkling Bellini. I brush a small amount across my cheekbones with an angled contour brush.
- Highlighter- I absolutely love highlighters- they’re so stunning and fun to use! My current highlighter obsession is the Becca Shimmering Skin Perfector Pressed Highlighter in Champagne Pop. I lightly dust it above my cheek bones and then I use my finger to also apply it under my eyebrows for my brow bone highlight and in the inner corner of my eyes to brighten them up a bit.
- Brows- I like to keep my eyebrows very natural looking for daytime wear and also am usually running a bit late at this point in the routine so I turn to a tinted brow gel rather than a pencil or other brow product to save time. Lashfood Browfood Tinted Brow Enhancing Gelfix is great because it is formulated for the product to cling to eyebrows as it is applied so it makes your eyebrows look fuller in addition to holding them in place.
- Mascara- For mascara I use the Too Faced Better Than Sex Mascara. I have this mascara in both the regular and waterproof formulas and both are great so if you haven’t tried it, I definitely recommend that you do!
And that’s it! Thanks for reading!